I scream, you scream, we all scream for one ingredient ice cream! Well, scream no more, because here it is; a banana soft serve delight that will have you salivating. Guaranteed to cool you down on those hot summer days, and satisfy that desire for ice cream, with absolutely none of the bad stuff!
Now, this recipe is nothing new, you can probably find it on almost any food blog out there, but I love it because it is completely low FODMAP and healthy, my three favourite food words. It is also completely adaptable! Peanut butter, banana and chocolate chip ice cream anyone?
Other awesome combos to try include:
- Banana Coconut Tropicana - use 1 tbsp coconut cream
- Banana Berry Delight - use any fresh berries you like i.e. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries (make sure they are low FODMAP)
- Choc Banana - add cocoa powder and maple syrup to taste
- Rocky Road - add marshmallows, choc chips and crushed nuts
This really doesn't need a recipe, but just in case you don't think you can do it, here goes:
One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
- Peel banana and place in freezer until frozen solid (overnight is best)
- Remove banana from freezer and leave to soften a little for around 15 minutes.
- Place in food processor or blender and process until the banana has the consistency of soft serve. Add any other ingredients at this point and blend again.
- Serve and eat quickly!