It's lunchtime. You're craving a wrap but your flatmate took the last tortilla. Stinker. You would buy one but it's too expensive. Also, gluten makes you gassy. What do you do? Simple. You make an LSA wrap.
LSA is a mixture of ground linseed, sunflower seed and almonds, that when combined with eggs, creates this simple wrap that is as delicious as it is healthy. This wrap not only gives you a great boost of fibre but the use of eggs helps keep you feeling fuller for longer. Goodbye, 3:30-itis. And no gas. Huzzah. Plus, it only takes a couple of minutes to prepare and cook. Gotta love microwaves.
The best part of this wrap, though, is the fillings. The options are absolutely endless! Simply fill with whatever you would normally fill a tortilla with. I decided to make myself a variation on a BLT LSA wrap, and not just for the acronyms. I used bacon, tomato, spinach and fresh basil, and oh boy was it good. Perfect to photograph too. Bonus.
As much as I would love to take credit for this recipe, I found it on the Healtheries website (recipe here), but as it is so darn delicious I just had to share it with you. So what are you waiting for? Lunch is ready.
LSA Wrap (Low FODMAP, Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Makes 1 wrap
2 1/2 tbsp ground LSA
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Spray a round microwave proof dish or bread and butter plate with spray oil.
- Pour mix onto dish and gently roll mix around until evenly spread out.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Remove from plate and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Fill with desired fillings and consume hungrily.