This microwave quiche thingy (yes, that is a technical term) is fantastic for those days when you're in a rush and want a filling and delicious lunch (or breakfast, if you are so inclined) without all the fuss. You could say it's egg-xactly what you need. Sorry, I just had to throw in a classic egg pun for your Friday.
With this dish you can customise it to suit the flavours and vegetables you like, or to use up whatever you have in the fridge. It is super versatile and simple, I bet a monkey, or any creature with opposable thumbs, could make it!
Favourite combinations of mine include:
- red capsicum, ham and tasty cheese
- spinach, olives and salmon
- chicken, corn and capsicum
So get creating!
2 Minute Microwave Quiche Thingy
1 large egg
2 tbsp milk (any kind)
1/2 tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
Pinch of dried thyme
1-2 tbsp vegetables or other filling options
2 tbsp cheese (edam, tasty, feta, goat cheese etc.)
2 tbsp small croutons (for GF use GF bread) - optional
- In a large mug or microwave safe ramekin, whisk the egg, milk, mustard and thyme with a fork until well blended. Add a sprinkle of pepper if you like.
- Add the fillings, cheese and croutons to the mixture, pressing the croutons into egg mixture until submerged. Stand for 2 minutes.
- Microwave on high for between 60 and 90 seconds, until centre is just set.