Mmmmm, pasta. The saving grace of any bare wallet. Not only is it delicious, but it can stretch a meal as well as any rice dish. Take that, risotto.
Mmmmm, salad. The saving grace of any healthy diet. Raw vegetables and herbs provide you with a huge range of nutrients and fibre, more than any cooked vegetables can give you, anyway.
Mmmmm, pasta salad. The perfect combination of meal stretching and healthy food. This super quick and easy meal makes a delicious and filling lunch or even a light dinner on a hot summer's day. The best part of this dish is that there is no right or wrong way to make it. You can add any ingredients you have in your fridge or pantry and adjust it to suit your tastes. Everyone wins!
Warm Pasta Salad (Low FODMAP & Gluten Free)
- 2-3 cups gluten free pasta spirals or penne
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs e.g. parsley, chives or basil
- juice of one lemon
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g Blackball Salami Company Original Mild (Garlic-Free) Salami, chopped
- 1 cup smoked chicken, chopped
- 2-3 cups low FODMAP veggies (e.g. spinach, red pepper, corn), chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sliced olives
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions until al-dente. Drain well.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the salad ingredients, including cooked pasta, in a large salad bowl. Drizzle lemon and oil mix over salad and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve warm.